BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Friday, April 14, 2006

The Waiting is Over*

Sometimes no news is good news. Sometimes no news is just...no news. And sometimes...sometimes you just know in your bones that no news, when it eventually turns into news, is not going to be what you had hoped to hear. Which means that I'll be heading west to Antioch instead of east to Goddard for my graduate studies. (Holy crap, I'm going to graduate school!)

I am disappointed. Who wouldn't want to be accepted everywhere they applied? And Goddard was my first choice. But Antioch's quick acceptance and friendly wooing had begun to work their magic on me, and I've been leaning toward Antioch for the last week or so. Truly. I mean, where would you rather go to school: the place where you can't get anyone to return your phone calls, or the place that says, "We love your writing"? Uh-huh, me too.

Back in the day, when I was an Assistant Registrar at Virginia Tech, a certain Director of Admissions from the east coast tried to impress upon us that Admissions was everyone's job, that the contact a prospective student or parent had with someone in another office, on the phone or even on the sidewalk could affect whether or not the student applied or enrolled. I really hate that he was right.

*for graduate school results, anyway. No word on JT's job yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger rwbarnes said...

Congratulations on your acceptance and your decision to continue your education.

Fri Apr 14, 11:10:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Barbara Simpson said...

Many thanks!

Fri Apr 14, 12:09:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home