BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

(So Not) Ready for My Close-up, Mr. DeMille

I am not photogenic. I am, in fact, whatever the hell is the opposite of photogenic. If I'm lucky, I take an okay picture. Which might explain why I'm not looking forward to tonight's publicity photos. It's my first time. The Playhouse always takes archive photos on Preview Night, but those are a piece of cake, action shots, as close to candid as staged photos can be. This is different. These are the photos that will go to the papers, expressly to entice people to come see the show. Yeahhhh. Pictures of me, making the play look fun and worth the money. Aiyeeee.

And then there's the whole costume anxiety issue. This will be my first view of my costume. After tonight, I can stop imagining how hard it will be to climb up on a headboard, crawl into a rabbit hole and roll on the ground while wearing a 1920s-era dress. After tonight, I'll be able to picture exactly how fun it will be to be dragged across the floor, bounce on a bed and jump off a toybox--while wearing a 1920s-era dress.

Why is it I do this again? Oh, yes. Because it's fun. I am so in need of an attitude adjustment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I don't like having my picture taken - I'm extremely self-conscious and will avoid being in pictures at all costs...or make a goofy face...lol

Thu Apr 20, 11:02:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Christine said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thu Apr 20, 11:03:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home