BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Desperately Seeking BabbleFish

I don't know what the deal is, but many of my visitors seem to find their way here by typing "Babblefish" into a search engine.* What are they looking for? It ain't me, I know that; most of them breeze through, staying no more than a second, viewing no more than one page. As far as I can tell, most don't make return visits, and Canadians seemed to be over-represented in my totally-unscientific and self-selected sample. Perhaps, if I were a little more interesting, a little more provocative, a few of these lost souls would take off their coats and sit a spell instead of just dropping by to say, "I can't stay. I've only got a minute." Maybe nekkid pictures of celebritites would up my stats? Sigh. Isn't that the way it always is for writers? Poor us, always having to choose between flash and substance.

But hey, if any y'all looky-loos want to take a moment to tell me what it is you were really looking for, I'd appreciate it. Hear?

*Gotta love MSN, which puts me on the front page of a search for "Babblefish." Thanks, ya'll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home