BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

A Pooh Reason to Exercise

We had our first blocking rehearsal last night, and oh. my. God. am I old. They've got me climbing up on stuff and jumping off and wrestling a hall tree and dancing and I am so far out of my comfort zone. And I don't mean just psyche-wise. I was achy and overheated when I got home--and we haven't even gotten to the part where I have to roll around on the ground to get dirty so that the bees will think I'm a little black rain cloud. Can you say out of shape? I knew you could. I am seriously going to have to get more exercise. I'm thinking biking. And pilates. Gotta stretch those muscles. A middle-aged woman playing Pooh? Pfft! Whoever heard of such a crazy thing?

On an unrelated note, I was doing some proofreading this morning and went downstairs to take a load of clothes out of the dryer. They seemed abnormally staticky, and I heard a voice in my head go, "Did I not PUT any fabric softener in there?" Whoa. Where did that tone of thought came from? And then I remembered. I'd just been reading about Bing cherries. Could I BE any more suggestible?

And explain this to me: In Blockbuster today there was a whole section for The Brothers Grimm, which got mediocre reviews, and all but one copy had been rented. But of Crash, winner of the Oscar for Best Picture, they had only two copies--and both of them were in. Oh, and? The Brothers Grimm? A two-day rental, while we can keep Crash until next Monday. Does that make any sense? Is the answer Heath Ledger? (If so, I'm not sure the question matters.)

La la la, I'm off to watch movies and eat banana split ice cream.

Piglet: I thought you were going on a diet.
Pooh: I am going on a diet. But not now.
Piglet: Why not?
Pooh: Because right now I'm hungry. That's not a good time to go on a diet.
Piglet: Oh. I suppose tomorrow--after a good night's rest?
Pooh: And a good breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home