BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Where You From?

The answer to that question often depends on context. If I'm at a conference and think that the questioner wants to know from where I traveled, I'll say that I'm from Des Moines. If they're asking where I was born, I say Detroit. If they want to know where I call home, the answer is Virginia. But if they say, "Where you from?" suspicion dripping from every word, I assume that they either want to know why I have a southern accent--or why I don't. And then I have to say that I was born in Detroit, but lived most of my life in the south. And that I consider myself a southerner--southern by inclination. Which is why I was pleased to score 78% Dixie on this test, which I found on Mrs. Moody's site.

So, where y'all from?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home