BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Monday, March 13, 2006

Doing the Right Thing

Yah know, taking care of business and doing what I should is pretty damn boring. Nothing to complain about. Nothing to write about. No way in hell I can be funny about finishing my creative submission for my second MFA application, let alone mildly amusing or even the slightest bit entertaining. Who wants to read about me changing sheets and litterboxes, emptying the trash or making good progress on a long proofreading project? Anyone? Anyone? Yeah, that's what I thought.

So, I'm reading this book, I Can't Believe She Did That! : Why Women Betray Other Women at Work. I don't know why I'm reading it; I don't even work. Not, as they say, "outside the home." This business of being self-employed is relatively new, however, and I'm gaining new insight about both a toxic work situation in my not-so-distant past and a personal relationship that unexpectedly blew up.

It's a good read, and the author, Nan Mooney, has a blog. Gotta love the title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home