BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Coupla White Chicks Sitting Around Talking

Actually it was more like ten white chicks and two white guys sitting around talking in my Strategies for Creating a New Life Class. And that's all we did, for two hours. Where were the strategies? What about setting goals? Nope. We just talked about the book and whether we were or were not like the description in the book. Most said not. Or that they were on the borderline between one temperament and another. The facilitator listened to this for awhile and then said, "You know, I've had other people tell me the same thing." What? And you're still using this crappy thing? "But then they go back and re-read the book and re-take the test, and then they come to me and say, 'I never knew that about myself.' " Right.

Which all tends to support the idea that we're who other people think we are rather than who we think we are, doesn't it? And that just pisses me off.

But I still want a life coach. Someone to keep me on track, give me a kick in the pants when I need it and call me on my crap. Sort of a personal trainer for my psyche. I auditioned for Starting Over. I did. I, Hannah B., actually auditioned for a reality show. But they didn't want me. Too short, too old, too fat, too lacking in "coachable goals," whatever the hell that means. I haven't given up, though. Ilanya would make a kick-ass coach. In no time at all I'd be following my dreams, living without fear, loving myself and losing weight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home