BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I Want My Week Back

Things I missed out on/had to cancel:

1. The first session of my "Strategies for Building a New Life" class. Crap. I really need that class, too. And there's homework! Which I don't have. The instructor said I could come by long enough to pick up my workbook and then go home. I thought about it. I'd have had to get dressed and shower and shit. Yeah, no.

2. My Tuesday night writing group. Which I lead. And which meets in this House of Pestilence. It so did not happen.

3. Lunch with a friend, which was also a planning session for a writing group we hope to set up at a local prison. Bummer.

4. Babysitting PK's kids. And it was the first time she'd asked. "Sure, I'll babysit, call me anytime," I'm always saying. Only, you know, I can't do it now, when you need me.

5. Celebrating Valentine's Day late at a fancy-schmantzy restaurant.

6. Writers Night at a local college. (Okay, I wasn't going to go to that one, anyway. But still.)

And now that I can actually take a halfway decent breath without coughing up a lung and peeing my pants, all I want to do is sleep. I'm a tough mother to love, yes I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

*giggle*..."without coughing up a lung and peeing my pants"




(I'd be a bald-faced [as opposed to bald-headed] liar if I said it's never happened to me...lol)

Thu Feb 16, 10:22:00 PM EST  
Blogger Barbara Simpson said...

Then you understand how that might tend to restrict one's public appearances!

Fri Feb 17, 11:30:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home