BabbleFish

Looking for translation software? You're in the wrong place. But. If you think you might be interested in the musings of a cranky forty-something learning to follow her dreams, live without fear, love herself, and look good doing it, well then, hell, come on down!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

One Potato, Two Potato, Couch Potato, Four

I had a very few things that had to be done today, and with one exception, they're taken care of. I'm going to spend the rest of the day cocooned on the couch. The cat is pretty much in favor of people lying indolently about all day, but he's not a fan of all the preparations, and followed me from room to room, talking. I'm sure he was saying, "Will you just light somewhere already?" But it takes time to get things just right.

See, your basic nest has your blanket, your pillow, box of kleenex, maybe some water and cough drops and aspirin. But the deluxe models, popular with power nesters, is chock full of other attractive features: you got your computer for blogging and e-mail and checking 43Things; your remote control for watching bad daytime TV and taped prime-time offerings; books; a journal, pens and a lap desk; the telephone(s). I am here for the duration, y'all. Tomorrow I have places to go, people to see, but for today? Stick a fork in me. I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home